Monday, June 22, 2009

Fatherday continued

So we went to the Hospital and the Dr told us he has 24 hours left, I told him it was OK to go , I sayed go golfing. But he surprised us all He tried to get out of the bed but he was to medicated he couldn't we took shifts his wife in the day me my Aunt at night so he wouldn't be alone. In that time he told me he loved me how proud he was and that he was sorry he had to go I told him it was OK that I didn't want him to have any pain we would have like a 2 minute conversation and than he was gone in his medicated world. But what I do know is that he loved me. So I had to get home to my kids it was ten days there my dad understood he kissed me and hugged me goodbye was the hardest thing in my life leaving him. Two days later I got the call that he had passed march 13 was the worst day of my life, I came home from walking the kids back from school and went to my basement and screamed my lungs out, I was pissed off. We laid my dad to rest June 1st and I honestly thought it would have been closure but it wasn't I think it was because we didn't have a funeral or viewing We just had a little gathering with family because he had to be cremated and sent to us. It's just hard to believe hes gone I miss him It is helping me by writing this down it's not just bottled up inside me. Rip Daddy and Happy Fathers day to the best dad I could have asked for

No comments:

Post a Comment